Saturday, June 7, 2014

Obanhmi, Damansara Uptown

It’s the weekend, or should i say today's a public holiday! The first thing that popped up on my must-eat list when it comes to weekend is BANHMI. Was thinking of giving this place a go since last year but due to the terrible traffic congestion in Damansara Uptown which frightens my mum, so I kinda had a rough time convincing her to bring me here. As it turned out, it works! Perhaps I don't really suck at convincing people after all. LOLOL anyway back to the topic.

The foods and beverages menu have been written nicely & clearly on the big board on the wall. Beverages are quite limited but who cares? LOL. They offer varieties of Vietnamese baguette. My mum and I both didn't know what a to order at first but the friendly waiter was more than happy to explain. In fact, she also talked about the ingredients inside while we both just smiled and nod.



This baguette was fresh , simple and it tasted delicious and was enough to fill my tummy. It turned out to be a rather satisfying meal for me and my mum. It was generously portioned too. Me and my mum weren't that hungry at that moment so we only order one Bahn Mi(O Sunny) and 3 spring rolls (O Summery) [Tips on how to eat O Summery: Dip it with the sauce provided!!! Thumbs up for their sauce!!]



This is how it looks like. Vietnamese baguette stuffed with ham, pickled radish & carrots, with a generous layer of pate, mayo and chili sauce spread across the bread.

Overall, the concept is simple and nice. Definitely a good hang out spot, to grab a Banh Mi and catch up with a friend for some good time chit chatting.

Obanhmi opens from 8am-8.30pm on Tuesday to Friday and 10am-9pm on Saturday&Sunday and close on Mondays.

Find them at:
33 Jalan SS21/56b, Damansara Utama 47400 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan

Contact no: 03-7732 8540

Happy reading! x.

No comments:

Post a Comment